Friday 25 January 2013

Tachikawa Ki-9 "Spruce" by Chas Bunch

Another amazing model by Chas Bunch with some great photos.
Tachikawa Ki-9 "Spruce", Nichimo 1:48

"Here's the photos of my "Spruce". I like those old Nichimo kits, with a little extra work they make into nice models.
















On this one I did the following:
1. Hollowed out the exhaust stacks
2. Made new windscreens from clear acetate (the kit windscreens are thick and ugly!)
3. Eduard color Japanese seat belts
4. New instrument panels with Airscale decals
5. Rigged with RB Products flat stainless wire
6. Miscellaneous fuel lines, hand grips, step from wire
7. Model Master paint and kit decals."
- Chas Bunch
 


 
Thank you very much Chas for sharing with us your trully inspiring models. 

2 comments:

Mark Smith said...

Easily the best model I've yet seen of this kit, which I think is Nichimo's best. Beautifully done!

Mark Smith

Anonymous said...

You sir, are bi-plane model god!

Windswords